THE SHAKLEE CORPORATION WORLD HEADQUARTERS IN PLEASANTON, CALIFORNIA IS MUCH MORE THAN THE CENTER OF OPERATIONS. IT'S A PHYSICAL TRIBUTE TO WHAT SHAKLEE BELIEVES IN.
It was designed by world-renowned architect, Gensler, to make a people-friendly, earth-friendly space that reflects Shaklee’s commitment to Living in Harmony with Nature®. No matter where you are in the building, you can see sky, trees, hills and fields. Advanced architectural design brings the beauty of outdoors inside with natural light, natural materials, and natural colors.
- Sustainable building materials such as wood panels and doors that were harvested from certified sustainable forests.
- Carpet squares from Interface that are made of recycled materials
- Task chairs made of recycled materials.
- Carefully landscaped grounds that are a living herbal library representing the botanical ingredients in our products.
- Motion sensors that turn equipment and lighting on and off to conserve energy.
- Window shades controlled by electronic sensors that allow 80% of the light in while shading the building interior spaces from heat.
- Low-E glass used throughout the building to promote maximum energy efficiency.
- Under-floor air distribution for energy efficiency and indoor air quality
- Sweeping open spaces that encourage a healthy flow of ideas, information, and, of course, fresh air.
- Gathering spaces around a family-style hearth and gas fireplace.
- Intelligent site orientation and proximity to public transportation.